Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mission Accomplished

On this beautiful Sunday morning I decided to get a few extra holes in before I started my tournament on Monday, so Helen and I woke up at the  crack of dawn to play with a few of her friends. I went out to eat breakfast and saw several hot air balloons rides flying right over the house. They were so close we were able to chat to the people. We had a nice time and were finished playing by nine and I had the of the day to just "kick it". For some unbeknownst reason, the jet-lag decided to finally catch up to me today which made it a perfect excuse for a lazy Sunday. I was able to hang around my host family's amazing house and watch some American football, reminding me of that life I used to live back in the states : ) The only difference being the kangaroos jumping outside the window! After watching football for a while, I read a funny book about Australia that Helen gave me a book called, "A Sunburned Country". I read while enjoying the fabulous sun and light breeze, until I had to go back to the clubhouse.

The reason I had to go back to the clubhouse, was because all the players had to take place in a shootout. This means that all of the girls line up, and we place closet to the pin. Talk about nerve-wracking! I know I love attention, but not everyone staring at me! Afterwards, there was a gathering for the players and the sponsors. Ginny, Dave, and I were about to leave when we made a crazy connection. Out of the group of about ten guys we were chatting with, the head pro said his wife is from South Carolina. We got to talk about my favorite southern topics for a little while..you know, Chick-Fil-A....Chick-Fil-A.... and last but not least Chick-Fil-A... ; ) We also learning that a few of the guys own "pubs" in Sydney except pub in Australia means hotel. After chatting for a while, we all headed to dinner at their hotel's restaurant and it was of course delicious!

I headed home to get some sleep for the big day. I did not tee off until the afternoon so I was able to sleep in and enjoy a big breakfast. The round started great, and I played well for 15 holes...I do not even want to think about the rest :-/ 

That evening, Ginny, Dave, and I, along with some other members were invited to one of the pros houses for dinner. We had a great time swapping stories and just hanging out. 

I teed off around 12 the next day. There was not anything too exciting about the day, as I played about the same as Monday, but my team came in 2nd! However I did get to see something really cool- I saw a kangaroo with a "joey" in it's pouch! It was so cute!! After accepting the award, it was time to drive about 3 hours southwest towards Picton. I will miss everyone in The Vintage and look forward seeing them soon. I plan on playing a practice round tomorrow! I am already itching to play again!

Hopefully I can spot some more 'roos! 

G'night mate!






No comments:

Post a Comment